Turn the Ship
Just because a ship is headed in the wrong direction doesn’t mean it’s the captain’s fault. It may be the navigator, or perhaps the crew member who has made the mistake. It may be the outside currents that require a different tack. Making a snap judgement to replace the captain rarely results in a positive result.
NewLight Healthcare understands this principal. Just as every ship is facing a complex set of challenges, so does every medical facility. There is no smooth operating health facility. We understand that healthcare organizations live in a challenging environment, demanding sophisticated, experienced, guidance and support.
So if your ship is headed in the wrong direction, wouldn’t it be great to have a team get on board and do a quick analysis of what the contributing factors might be? This team of experts could also present possible well thought out solutions (not unnecessary knee jerk fire the captain…. cut off their heads) and help turn the ship. NewLight Healthcare has this ability and we have proven success in “righting ships.” NewLight Healthcare will work with your existing executive team or place an on-site management team that is approved by your Board. Our daily oversight of your hospital will:
- Create a values driven organization with a clear vision, mission and core values.
- Retain a leadership team that embodies the values of your organization.
- Instill accountability throughout the organization with key operational benchmarks and financial reporting.
- Promote performance improvement through financial, operational and strategic consulting services provided by top industry consultants.
- Provide advisory services to the Hospital Board and present best in class benchmark comparisons to peer hospitals.
NewLight Healthcare has structured a team of experts to lead this transformation and to assist with the numerous challenges facing healthcare organization. We don’t want to live on your ship, we just want to help point you in the right direction.
To see how a struggling rural hospital has been able to “turn the ship” with NewLight’s help, read our latest Case Study.